Sometimes mental toughness takes unusual forms. Here are some subtle signs that you either were mentally tough or your mental toughness is about to be tested.
You know it’s a mental toughness run when…
- Your toenails look like jelly beans after your run.
- You are exhaling chunks of body materials instead of air.
- You are incontinent and you don’t know it.
- You have Bloody Nipple Syndrome and it’s only the first mile of a marathon.
- You think you’re sprinting and the guy with the limp and the lady with the walker just passed you.
- You hear an ambulance siren and don’t realize until you are on the stretcher that it was coming for you.
- You find yourself face down on the pavement and the molten tar and road rash feel like relief.
Copyright 2005 RxRunning & Racing – Coach Dean