Membership to CoachDeanHebert.com is free. Membership gives you access to assessments, lessons, handouts, tips, techniques, feedback on your application and progress, troubleshooting your mental game. Whether you are a coach, parent or athlete you won’t find a more affordable and effective way to fortify your (or your team’s) mental game! Join today.
Membership also entitles you to discounts on 1:1 coaching services with Coach Dean. Mental Game Coaching Programs include individual and/or team assessments. Coaching includes a comprehensive mental game plan, individual athlete, parent, coach and/or team sessions (as appropriate). Unlimited email and phone support is provided to get you from where you are to where you want to be.
The focus is always on the athlete and their performance.
How does 1:1 individual mental game coaching work?
- We set up an initial interview time to talk by phone or Skype. (Parent participation is required for youth athletes.)
- If we agree to pursue a program, I send you the M4PAASS assessment to complete.
- The athlete completes the assessment (M4PAASS) and emails it back to me.
- I create a comprehensive assessment summary, and game plan.
- We establish a meeting schedule. Typically meetings are weekly. (Days and times may vary week to week.)
- Sessions are conducted via Skype, Google+ (strongly preferred but other methods are possible).
- Each session has a specific focus or topic with reading, handouts and short written assignments and a practical application assignment. Each session begins with debriefing of activities and assignments from previous session.
- Between meetings athletes practice what they are learning.
- Each session builds on the previous sessions.
Keynote Presentations – Guest Speaker
Coach Dean can be your keynote speaker at your next season kick-off meeting, team meeting, retreat, conference or convention. Be ready for an entertaining, educational, and often eye-opening experience. Here are just a few topics from past presentations:
- The Keys to Mental toughness – the basics that must be mastered (past/present/future, controlling controllables, right things @ right time)
- Putting the “I” Back in Team – The Real Mental Game for Teams
- Team Building – A Process not an Event
- Focus 4 Fitness – How to Succeed in Fitness Programs
- Excuses to Motivation – Excuse Making and Excuse Busting (Based on Coach Dean’s book: “Coach I didn’t run because…”) – Second Edition coming soon!
- Mental Game for Sports, Fitness and Life
- Motivation Now – Stopping Procrastination and Resolution Failure
- Inquire for customized topics.
I work with individual athletes, parents, coaches, and teams on performance enhancement. I completed academic post-graduate work in sports psychology – the psychology behind athlete performance. I’m a certified Mental Games Coaching Professional (MGCP) and certified hypnotherapist. My clients include world-class athletes from a multitude of disciplines including, cycling (road, off-road, time-trials), running (off-road, cross-country, ultra-distances, track & field) duathlon, triathlon, tennis, synchronized swimming, golf, race-kart, soccer, motocross, volleyball, MMA, basketball, football and baseball athletes.
I have been cited in Runners World, Best Health magazine (CN), Marathon Running (AU) the Washington Examiner and SWEAT Magazine amongst many other publications. I have been a featured mental games coach in Runner’s World and for the internationally acclaimed trail running resource – trailrunningclub.com. I also regularly appear on sports and fitness talk shows such as LTKFitness, Runnersroundtable and for more than three years I co-hosted a weekly video series with Coach Joe English for Running-Advice.com and join Coach Joe in 2014 at Run Time – The Discussion Place for Runners.
I have a passion for working with youth athletes and helping them apply mental game skills and techniques to all areas of life. Most importantly, my aim is to have people enjoy sports and life to their fullest through peak performances.
If you read client comments on my coaching, instruction, eBooks and webinars, you will discover that people choose to learn with me not only because of my mastery in the application of sports psychology but how I relate it. I can take complex concepts and break it down to understandable and useable information and not psychological mumbo jumbo.